Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Navajo = color to your wardrobe

I love adding color to an outfit but sometimes find block color boring and certain color prints do not work for me (being curvy an' all). And so finally I have found a new/old trend to add to the wardrobe; Navajo.

Navajo is the name of the second largest native American tribe which at a later stage mixed with the Spanish. Hence the Navajo fashion is a mix of Indian, Aztec and Mexican print, color and design.

Of course being 2011, wearing ponchos and thick materials was not the way to go forward but a retake on print, color and design was.

I spotted a few Navajo pieces late last year in London (but of course). I had clocked on that it was going to be the summer look but now of course it is everywhere

I personally cannot get enough of it as it is a look that is "in" yet can be adapted to any style: 80s tasseled t shirts, ethnic belts, headbands and waistcoat or funky over sized t shirts.

And for those of you who have no clue what I am on about, here's the pics:






Urban Outfitters
                                                                    Nasty Gal website


                                                                     Pucci swimsuit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home